We invite you to apply for this exciting job opportunity. The Oracle Store team is a close-knit global team that delivers several best of breed e-commerce avenues for our customers and partners. Our websites sell various Oracle products and services domestic and international. Each website is customized for a different market segment: direct customers, franchisers, partners, students, and employees. Each site has stream-lined flows for purchasing hard-ware, software licenses, consulting, support services, and cloud subscriptions.
For the right candidate, this position will provide technical training and expert experience in Java, Java Script (React, Oracle Jet), PL/SQL, APEX, and back-end integration with Oracle Fusion Applications. It would also expose you to functional knowledge of how international ecommerce sites work with different market segments.
Also, Oracle’s “journey to the cloud” has given us the challenging goal of both selling cloud subscriptions and running our own e-commerce sites on the cloud. Currently we are transitioning to run our sites with Oracle Cloud Integration, OCI. We are fundamentally changing our code-lines to include microservices and best Java frameworks like Java Bootstrap, Hybernate, Log4j. This is a great learning experience and opportunity for those willing to help us take our sites to the next level.
Oracle Store Platform offers multiple services in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) for our customers’ cloud journey globally. This requires highest level of sustaining engineering production support for our customers globally. The key technologies for OCI are Java Spring Boot and React. As OCI is a global 24x7 infrastructure, we need a senior technical production support resource. The job could have commitment to work in flexible hours some of them including weekends and is primarily a production support position for OCI services, although you’ll be involved in technical dev and fixes as well. You’ll also be a part of Store Platform migration journey to OCI cloud platform.
If your resume application passes the pre-screening, we will reach out to you for a zoom interview to see if this job is a good fit for you. Ideally, candidates should not apply if they do NOT have the following pre-requisite requirements:
• Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
• 3+ years’ experience with Java programming stack, Spring Boot, Elasticsearch, JPA, web service technologies
• Good working knowledge of relational databases
• Knowledge and experience with Microservice architecture pattern
• Proficiency in software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Experience in communicating with peers, technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements & describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear, concise manner to all audiences.
• Self-motivated, team player with demonstrated investigative skills and ability to prioritize and multi-task.
• Great Communication skills in English.
A good candidate will be evaluated for one or more of their technical and interpersonal skills in the following areas:
Finally, let me just say that this is a great team. The best part of this job is the people that you will work with. They are all high achievers and a joy to work with.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will perform high-level design based on provided external specifications. Specify, design and implement minor changes to existing software architecture. Build highly complex enhancements and resolve complex bugs. Build and execute unit tests and unit plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering as necessary to discuss minor changes to product functionality and to ensure quality and consistency across specific products.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.