Optimize, improve and maintain quality in machinery by coordinating predictive, corrective and preventive maintenance activities. Primary focus on creating and solving PLC Siemens Step 7 programming problems.
• Production support
• Align with value stream KPIs
• New products and new launches
• Knowledge of processes and equipment
• Optimize and improve machinery in accordance with QueP requirements, planning the corresponding internal or external personnel.
• Contact suppliers for special machinery maintenance services and also for training.
• Develop, maintain, and support procedures, instructions, and training materials.
• Develop, evaluate and improve manufacturing productivity and process improvements in current production.
• Ensure that the manufacturing process complies with engineering principles, customer requirements, Bosch standards, and process specifications.
• Support continuous improvement activities to address assigned manufacturing line safety, quality and productivity. Develops a continuous improvement project as part of the continuous improvement process (CIP).
• Use troubleshooting techniques to find the root cause of each process / equipment problem. (5 Why, Shainin, KT, 8D, 6 Sigma, DOE, 5S, etc.)
• Active exchange of lessons learned from other Value Stream and IPN plants and towards others.
• Maintain excellent documentation of machinery and Program Backups (PLC, Vision Cameras, PCs, etc.).
• Maintain an excellent list of machinery spare parts and verify the existing parts in the Maintenance Warehouse.
Minimum level: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Electronic or Mechatronics (B.S./B.A.) from a four-year college or university.
Expertise: min. 4 years of maintenance experience in automotive industry or metal-mechanic.
Personality: Agile, team player, goal oriented, initiative, takes responsibility
Language: English and/or German and Spanish
Siemens PLC Programming Language STEP7: i.e. (LAD) ladder diagram, (FBD) Function Block Diagram and (IL) Instruction List.
Profibus System knowledge
Vision systems (Cognex Cameras)
Siemens HMI interfaces