At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference . That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 130 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused, supported by an inclusive and fun company culture. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver.
As a result, our people get to enjoy working on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Working with Cost Manager to manage commercial aspects of projects in several sectors. Responsible for support and assistance to manage budget and to control project costs.
Involved throughout but more heavily during estimation points and procurement phase. Also involved with change control during execution.
Key Responsibilities :
1. Prepare estimations according to all design phase.
2. Monitor, control and prepare Valuations
3. Participate to value engineering sessions
4. Prepare and analyse change orders
5. Develop the primary project budget
6. Develop progress measurement criteria with vendors
7. Collect cost market data
8. Support quotation process responding to the questions of services / materials proponents
9. Produce cash flow forecasts for internal and client purposes
10. Quantify materials and labour for all phases of a project.
11. Prepare Cost benefit analysis
12. Review project budget after design packages issuance by the technical team
13. Collaborate with the creation of the recommendation report
14. Participate in the weekly project and departmental meetings
15. Issue weekly progress reports on project costs including forecasting reimbursable expenses
Degree-qualified or equivalent in Quantity Surveyor, Engineering, Architecture.
Minimum 5 years of experience in similar roles.
Knowledge and understanding of the component parts of a project and overall construction costs
Ability to analyse and interpret commercial and technical project documentation
Ability to use a range of IT packages including Microsoft Office
Exceptional relationship building skills
Self-motivated and proactive
Commercial awareness and understanding of the Construction process
Excellent communication skills, both oral & written
Negotiation skills and ability to apply those skills internally, externally & with our supply chain.
Positive attitude at all times and the ability to integrate and play active part in the Construction Team
Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise to meet deadlines
Keen to pursue personal development needs and maintain up-to-date knowledge
Working towards RICS membership or recently chartered
Conversant in all aspects of quantity surveying
Experience in utilising software systems e.g. CostX, CATO, BIM Measure
Experience in utilising Excel advance level
Experience in utilising AutoCAD.
Fluent in English
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at