BASIC PURPOSE :
Secure and service Catering’ Business from the Social and Corporate Market, through active and effective promotion, solicitation, and prospecting, while maintaining FS standards and maximizing revenue / profit potential.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
1. Actively solicit new business and respond to inquiries with the intention of confirming profitable catering business and achieving Quarterly Sales Goals.
Maintain an active trace / follow-up system on all inquiries and personal sales calls.
2. Conduct property tours and entertain planners of meetings, corporate events, social events, and weddings.
3. Plan and / or attend and / or participate in meetings with hotel staff and clients, including but not exclusive to : Morning Operations Briefing, Morning CS Briefing, Resume Meeting, Banquet Event Order Meeting, Sales Meeting, Pre-
Convention Meetings, Bi-Monthly Board of Operations, Menu Tastings, and Planning Visits.
4. Coordinate the sales efforts between sales department and catering to insure proper utilization of function space to yield maximum revenues.
5. Finalize the requirements of confirmed bookings while maximizing revenue potential through up selling and ensuring effective communication both written (Resumes, BEO, Daily Reports) and personal contact with all departments for the success of the event.
Ensure accuracy of Banquet Checks and provide bill review on completion of program or event. Prepare a monthly booking report.
6. Keep Director of Catering / Catering Conference Services promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matter so prompt corrective action can be taken where appropriate.
7. Supervise the execution of outside events with banquet manager. Ensure satisfaction of client at the outset of all events.
8. Respond according to the crisis management plan to any resort emergency or safety situation.
ensure that these activities are timely updated and logged in the Sales Database.
10. Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with existing clients to foster additional business and generate new leads
11. Top sales knowledge strong personal client list a must and ability to develop new business to exceed target sales numbers while maintaining profitability
12. Flexibility on working hours that in addition to standard working hours will include evenings and weekends Confirming catering orders Develop and maintain customer relationships
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
1. Mentor and develop Administrative staff for future career growth
2. Assist with all guest inquires within the Sales, Marketing and Conference Services Department, including assistance with high telephone volume and walk-in site inspections.
3. Perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management
4. Provide input on the marketing plan and budget.
5. Be fully versed in the facilities and capabilities of the resorts competitive set. Maintain a visible presence in the community through involvement with Industry associations
6. Assist in developing and executing projects for assigned market areas to increase catering activity, volume and profit.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS :
Education : College Education preferred
Experience : 3-5 years previous catering sales and / or banquet assistant manager / captain experience.
Skills and Abilities : Excellent reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
Strong selling and interpersonal skills.
High level of creativity.
Extremely detailed oriented
Excellent communication skills
Ability to handle multiple tasks and make decisions in a fast paced client driven environment.
Ability to work long and irregular hours, weekends and evenings