Scope of Position
Brokerage Agent executes flawless operational performance, productivity, technical expertise, excellent customer service and constantly driving efficiency, supporting our Vision and Mission Statement, making our promise real to all our customers.
Proactively monitor the following key metrics to achieve the expected results:
- Complete 52 hour training per year (4.5 per month).
- Complete all mandatory training timely.
- Product OPA Audit Result – Perform consistently at the highest level.
- Timely Execution BWS – within 24 hours after RLS.
- Exemplify and Teach Our Culture, Mission and Goals.
- Follow the 10 Critical Success Factor.
- Contribute to build healthy cross-functional relationship and work environment, promote team spirit and cohesiveness in the department.
- Comply with the Dress Code Policy.
- For new employees, ensure the New Hire Operations Training.
- Own your self-development. Prepare, follow-up and execute on your personal development goals.
- Comply with company controls, policies, procedures, processes including the credit policy.
- Understand and make sure to comply in utilizing the updated Customer SOP for all customers at all time.
- Participate in meetings when is needed.
- Make sure that files are logged correctly and timely with proper codes, trace types and events.
- Ensure accurate and timely billing of customers.
- Properly use all Expeditor systems and tools.
- Ensure that all emails are handled timely (within 1 hour) and professionally.
- Maintain highest compliance levels for all applicable Customers requirements and stay current with developments and changes in regulations.
- Meet KPI Standards in accordance with the Company’s Procedures (OPS).
- Ensure that all customer’s legal documents are updated.
- Contribute to operational effectiveness and comply with District Excellence metrics applicable on your Product.
- Escalate issues to Lead, Supervisor or Operations Manager as needed.
Security, Health and Safety
- Responsible to inform immediately to the Branch’s Health and Safety representative any unsafe condition that could put employees at risk in the work place as well as any incident or accident.
- Comply with all our policies, including the credit policy.
- Monitor that all files are timely and correctly billed.
- Monitor and constantly work on prevent monetary losses.
To be the most effective in this position we are looking for the following skills and experience:
- Education: Bachelor's degree (preferred) in MX customs / foreign trade or equivalent convention of education and experience.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in MX Customs Brokerage. (preferred)
- Hands-on knowledge of Customs clearance functions.
- Customer Satisfaction oriented.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, ability to communicate at all levels written and oral communication and presentations.
- Develop and maintain a professional relationships with clients, service providers and employees.
- Time management and attention to detail oriented.
- Ability to complete work within standard procedures, guidelines and office policies.
- Self-driven personality.
- Good computer skills, and ability to learn new programs and tools including knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications.
- English and Spanish fluency 60% (preferred).
- Commitment to Exemplify our culture at all times.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.