Technical Support Analyst
This position is for a Technical Support Analyst to the new Oracle Database Exadata and Cloud Database support team in Guadalajara, Mexico. The candidate should have good hands on experience on UNIX, Linux and/or Solaris platforms.
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our products. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Oracle Support, an extremely important phase in the company’s strategy.
The selected candidates will also be providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on various customer situations and escalated issues.
Some of the role’s duties include:
·Consulting with customers on complex use of Oracle products
·Contributing significantly towards the “My Oracle Support” Database communities
·Analyzing work load, implementing changes to improve productivity
·Proactively contributing to increasing the team’s efficiency by sharing knowledge, providing feedback about best practices, writing tools
Technical degree i.e. BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Science, Engineering, Math, Physics, Chemistry or proven professional and technical experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Spanish and English
•Performing under pressure
•Problem Solver, Analytical thinker
•Flexibility to work in different shifts and off days, including holidays and weekends.
- Thorough understanding of the Oracle product features
- Database architecture knowledge and basic database administration
- Familiarity with Linux/ Unix/ Windows Administration concepts
- For the Exadata Team
- Exadata, RAC ,ZDLRA, Backup and Recovery, RMAN, knowledge of various restore and recovery scenarios
- Familiarity with Cloud Architecture (Oracle and/or third parties) and virtualization concepts and tools.