The Principal Member of Technical Staff will work with the Tools and Innovation (TINNO) team on several innovative projects.
The Tools and Innovation team is a compact, high-performance software development organization within the Oracle SaaS Applications. The team is utilized by the executive staff to create innovative tools to enhance and further the Oracle business. Frequently, these tools are both highly complex and highly visible, across the company. Executives rely on these mission-critical tools to make key business decisions that impact the future of Oracle's SaaS business. The TINNO team uses state-of-the-art technology stacks and a well-defined agile process to efficiently produce quality results that thrill both executives and sibling departments with their creativity, ease-of-use, performance, and most importantly, their obvious utility.
As a member of this team, the engineer will be responsible for researching and obtaining data relevant to customer success and for analyzing, designing, implementing, and testing software that drives estimates of customer success and continued renewal. The position and the project are critical to Oracle’s future success with SaaS customers, especially with respect to renewals based on that success.
• Working with Software Engineer Architects to design and implement best-in-class software
• Design software that meets requirements, is performant, stable, and of high quality, and that is built for the future
• Researching access methods and application programming interfaces to existing systems that contain relevant data
• Implementing interfaces and tools to systems in order to extract needed data and to inject the data into a data warehouse
• Implementing algorithms to summarize and classify the data into meaningful results
• Implementing user interfaces to display the resulting data in a clean, easily-understood interface
• Testing the application, both via automated unit-tests and manually
• Maintain practices and key information in a wiki and in Jira
• Research available data sources for customer-related data
• Determine factors relevant to customer success
• Research cloud software in order to understand best practices in this area
• Work within Email, Slack, and meetings to research and analyze potential systems for access to needed data
• Track information in Confluence
• Potentially enter enhancements requests for systems in Jira
• Write design ideas and proposals and present them to the team for consideration
• Implement data capture, manipulation, and storage mechanisms primarily in Java, Python, and shell scripting
• Utilize Oracle SaaS products as required
• Test resulting implementations with a variety of possible scenarios
• Work within standards, acceptable practices, and other requirements of Oracle Corporation and of the SaaS Development organization
• 9+ years of industry experience.
• 7+ years of experience in JAVA and Various J2EE Technologies – SpringBoot, REST, SOAP, JPA, Hibernate, JDBC, JSP, Servlets, JSTL, EJB, JUnit, XML, and JMS.
• 5+ years of extensive experience in architecture, design and development of distributed systems.
• Expert in Python, Shell Scripting.
• Must have a excellent understanding of:
- Object-Oriented analysis and design.
- Design Patterns
- Data Structures
- Error Handling
- Debugging and troubleshooting code.
• Experience with the design of API interfaces
• Should also have experience with:
- SSO integration
- Consuming RESTful web services
- Node.js for backend operations and authorizations enforcement
• Additional knowledge about the following a plus:
- Consuming HATEOAS/HAL style web services
- Unit Testing
- Integration Testing
- Automated Testing
- Code Coverage Reports
• Knowledge of React is a plus
• Extensive experience IDE's like Eclipse, NetBeans
• Hands on experience with Build and Integration tools such as Ant, Maven and Jenkins
• Knowledge of data science or machine learning techniques is a plus
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.