All over the world, people's lives are better because of Oracle. Want to make a difference? Join our company of change-makers.
From Oracle to culinary school and back again. Bonnie Carlson Kaypaghian uses the skills she learned to create recipes for her daughter’s Type 1 Diabetes and has written a cookbook to share with the world. #LifeatOracle
As a Cloud Architect, you should partner with customers, Sales, and several other teams to craft highly scalable, flexible, and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of OCI services. In collaboration with sales, you should help drive revenue growth across a broad set of customers. As a trusted customer advocate, you should help organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions. You should seek out opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broaden the use of OCI platform across the customer's organization.
You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges.
The ideal candidate has a curious mind, a thirst for knowledge, and a desire to understand how technology works. By working backwards from defined customer outcomes, you achieve results that delight Oracle customers. You enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and develop new ones so you can make meaningful contributions to long-term customer success.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Build deep relationships with customers to become a trusted advisor for their most critical workloads that support their digital transformation and journey to the cloud.
· Support achievement of revenue objectives through the adoption and migration of applications, software, and services onto the OCI platform, in partnership with the sales team.
· Educate customers on the value proposition of OCI, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
· Contribute to Oracle internal and customer-facing publications such as white-papers and blogs as a means of scaling your knowledge.
· Act as a liaison between customers, service teams, and support to address customer needs.
· 6+ years in a technical solutions architect role, designing, implementing distributed applications, databases, and networks.
· Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies (e.g. ITIL, Zachman, TOGAF, PMP, SCRUM, etc.) · Experience architecting/operating solutions built on OCI, GCP, AWS or Azure · Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with C-Levels, IT managers · Technical degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent work experience.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
As a Principal Sales Consultant you will be responsible as the expert for formulating and leading presales technical / functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction. Acts as a technical resource and mentor for less experienced Sales Consultants. Focuses on large or complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex solutions. Develops productivity tools and training for other Sales Consultants. Develops and delivers outstanding Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Leads any and all aspects of the technical sales process. Advises internal and external clients on overall architect solutions.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 3 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 7 years business experience with relevant computer applications or database/tools. Ability to implement the most advanced product features. Thorough knowledge of system and application design. In depth knowledge of competitors. Demonstrated project management skills. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication. Ability to travel as needed. A/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type:Regular Employee Hire