Responsibilities1. Build public policy strategy to ensure the success of product and corporate goals in Mexico;2. Engage with external stakeholders including government, civil society, and business associations to inform about company products in the country and collaborate on areas of overlapping interest;
3. Carry-out research and reporting on domestic and international policy issues relevant to the company;4. Inform the cross-functional product and corporate team on policy and regulatory developments in Mexico that could present risks with implications for the company and its products;
5. Identify and coordinate outreach to relevant policy stakeholders on national, state, and municipal levels;6. Assess implications of and advise on product and feature launches within country.
Qualifications1. Existing network : the individual must be very familiar with the online platform space in Mexico and the community involved in policy and regulation;
2. Research and analysis abilities : the individual will need to take complex situations and effectively communicate their implications for the company, as well as argue priorities for the public policy function;
3. Professionalism : all engagement, research, reporting, documents, and presentations must be of the highest professional quality;
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment : the individual will need to manage competing priorities and tight deadlines;
5. Strong teamwork and communication skills : the individual will need to work with other departments including, but not limited to policy / legal / PR staff to assess need, alignment and path for collaboration.
6. Discipline and self-drive : the successful candidate will potentially work remotely from his or her immediate supervisor.
The successful candidate will also potentially travel domestically and / or internationally. He / she needs a strong sense of responsibility and self-drive.
7. Language : Spanish and Fluent English are a must. - 7-10 years of government relations experience in major multinational corporations or international organizations;
Experience in a tech company, especially a user driven content platform is a plus;- At least an M.A. Degree in law, public policy, international relations is preferred.