Work as full time Software Engineer in Quality, for the team.
2. Handle the quality controls and constantly move the needles up for more than
3. Quality of the deliverables is the prime KPI / OKR of measurement for the
4. Be the first line of defense for the platform. Work with Site Reliability,
Frontline, Capacity teams etc. to perform estimation, analysis, and provide
guidance on keeping the platform up and running all the time.
5. Create automated scripts to monitor application health and provide key
6. Profile applications in terms of memory, CPU in peak traffic and proactively
identify choke points, and suggest fault tolerance mechanisms.
7. Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision in a team to
understand the business, test in various phases, provide automated
functional tests, perform the release rollout and support software applications
8. Work with business units to crystallize business needs into product features.
9. Work with
10. Work with engineering managers, engineers to develop innovative solutions
in efficient testing methodologies, that meet market needs w.r.t functionality,
performance, reliability, realistic implementations schedules and adherence to
development goals and principles.
11. Develop new team capabilities to ensure continued competence and
relevance in supporting software development needs of PayPal's business.
12. Define and devise processes, tools and methodologies to achieve excellence
in software development, testing and deployment.
13. Follow the team processes like Agile etc.
BE in Computer Science or Engineering and 6+ years related industry experience
2. Highly competent hands-on coding / testing experience in the following :
scale web-based systems. (J2EE)
3. Highly analytical, innovative, and able to think strategically and to develop
comprehensive detailed specifications.
5. Excellent verbal and writing skills; ability to produce clear, concise
communications and documentation.
6. Highly effective at working in cross-functional groups and getting results in matrix
7.Excellent time management skills and ability to work on concurrent assignments
with different priorities
8. Working knowledge of finance industry standards and practices preferred.
Nice to have